1.25.2008

And The Verdict is....

I'm staying in the Panhandle! The MIC in Lubbock just notified me that they chose someone from within the office and he is a great choice. There sort of is a mix of emotions going on right now in me; I spent a month planning for the possibility of a move, dreaming of a nice 4 bedroom house that all my friends could come and stay in, and reconnecting with my friends in Lubbock. Yes, I am disappointed that I didn't get the position but in some ways I am relieved to know.

I really wanted (and still want) to be in the place where God wants me to be. It appears that the "top of Texas" is that place. This means I will continue to be a part of God working through our church to change this city and the world, I'll continue to be a part of iForty (our college/young adult ministry) and seeing how God unfolds His plans for that, and still be around the many close friends I have in and around town. Oh, I'll still be able work in an office that is on the cutting edge of science and technology, at least if I have anything to say about it!

Well, time to go get cleaned up, cook a celebratory lunch, and get ready for work.

In the Texas Panhandle.

In the place where God wants me to be.

No comments: