1.05.2008

The Master Bath Series, Part IV

Smooth walls. All I want are smooth walls. I spent the last two days applying drywall joint compound, let it dry, sand it down, reapply compound, let it dry, sand it down, and repeat until my arms are sore and my back hurts from being hunched over. Things looked smooth, felt smooth to the touch. And yet I still don't have smooth walls.

I took a chance today and primed one wall I thought was ready. Nope. Plenty of bubbles magically appeared as the moisture from the Killz2 was pulled into the wall. I had some issues when the compound first went on the wall but thought I could sand it out. I guess not.

So what now? Looks like more drywall compound. More sanding. More soreness. Yes, I could be cheap like the previous owners and put wallpaper over the whole thing and not worry about it. Right now it just feels like I lost 3 days of work because of some cheap builder not using quality goods. Now I've got to use enough compound to keep the bubbles from forming. Can it be done? Yes, I tried it on a patch near the ceiling. It feels like this project will never end.

1 comment:

emily davis said...

aw come on. go for textured walls! it would be so much easier :)