1.23.2008

The Master Bath Series, Part V (continued)

My apologies for the lack of updates recently; I've been busy with a Java programming course as well as some other projects at work I'm trying to get out of the way. I have also been having to deal with the recent stretch of cold weather we have had here in the top of Texas. It seems that the walls that face the outside (which also happens to be the direction the wind has been blowing for what seems like the last 3 weeks) are not warming up enough to let me paint so I have been in a holding pattern in getting the primer coat put on.

HOWEVER, work has still been going on! The walls are now smooth and there have been a couple of minor patching details squared away. I initially thought I was going to paint the trim and wood in the bathroom but that has been changed to do some touch-up work on the stain. That means I am having to clean off my sloppy work at applying texturing and paint as well as taping off all that trim and wood. It is slow going...who knew Killz2 would be so hard to remove when it dries!

So the progress is slow. Granted, I have lost a lot of motivation to work on this project since I STILL do not know about the position in Lubbock and have been spending lunch time this week with friends getting caught up on life. Hopefully I'll hear something this week and that will put a burr under my saddle...

No comments: