1.11.2008

The Master Bath Series, Part V

I know, I know...I haven't updated this in a while. Cut me some slack here folks; I was working graveyard shifts so my schedule consisted of get home in the morning and go to sleep, get up late afternoon, work for 5 to 6 hours or so on this project, clean up, eat something, head off to work, and repeat the process. For three days. On the fourth day, I worked for 6 hours, cleaned up, and then proceeded to pass out on my couch having been up for 27 hours straight and the 6 hours consisted of VERY physical labor (I consider standing on a ladder hand sanding a ceiling pretty darn physical. Just ask how sore my shoulders are!). It wasn't until I rolled off my couch sometime after midnight did I finally crawl into bed...but I digress.

There has been some pretty impressive progress in this endeavor however. I was finally able to lay down a first coat of primer on the walls and not run into any problems! When that first coat went on and dried, well, there was much singing and rejoicing (although in reality all I could muster in my tiredness was a Napoleonic Dynamitic "Yeeesssssssss"). For the most part. There are still some imperfections in the texture that need to be filled, sanded, and repainted but I can finally see the end WAAAAAAAAY on the horizon. And it doesn't look half bad either!

So what is left? Still need to finish painting the ceiling and put down second coats of primer on the aforementioned ceiling and walls, decide what to do for/about trim, get the vanity top out, new vanity top in, fixtures, loo, and lighting. The last four in this list seem pretty easy...famous last words. Oh, and those pictures I promised...I'm having to walk a fine line right here because I want to get some middle-of-the-process pics but my digital camera likely won't do well in the fine drywall joint compound dust environment state my bathroom is currently in. We'll see what I might be able to do.

With the way things have been going and my lack of sleep, I took tonight and will take Saturday off to spend with friends just to let them know that I am still alive and that my so-called "small project" hasn't totally devoured me...

No comments: