7.21.2008

I am now a Vagabond

Well, I've landed in the South Plains. The house closed with one minor hitch...the buyers delayed until 2 pm so I had to wait a couple of hours to get my check. It was worth it however; it gave me one last opportunity to eat lunch at Rudy's with friends and get a little bit of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 in as well. However, in true words of the term - I am now a Vagabond.

There wasn't much fanfare when I left; just a look in the rear-view mirror at the town that I have known for the last 5 years. I had a couple of days to say farewell to my friends, my house was empty, and I didn't have to go into work. But there is a sense of sadness knowing that I won't be able to call the C's to see if there is a free evening for Super Smash Bros. on the Wii (or some Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 with Mr. C.). I won't be able to go to iForty (as often) nor have the fun evenings afterwords with "the gang" when we sit down for dinner.

This move does bring with it new opportunities however. I look forward to renewing friendships of old and getting back involved with playing guitar in a worship setting. I'm back in college town so I'm hoping (hint...hint) that friends will come on down and stay for a weekend of Raider sports. Eventually, maybe, possibly when I get settled, I'll finally be able to get that big screen and an Xbox360 (or the Wii) with Xbox live to meet my friends on the battlefield or Super Mario Kart track.

So, here I am. A vagabond back in a town I left 5 years ago. Time to unpack and get some clothes ready for the first day impression tomorrow at work. Tomorrow...laundry and the story of the hotel.

P.S. To the gang back in the Top 'o Texas: to quote Sallah from Indiana Jones I and III: "I am missing you already..."

1 comment:

Leslie Clark said...

You'll have to get a Wii so we can play over WiFi!!!