5.20.2008

On The Move...Again.

I know that I have been lax in keeping this blog updated but I have had WAY too much stuff going on in my life that I've let some things slide by the wayside. Unfortunately, this blog is one of those things that manages to fall to the bottom of the list every time I get overwhelmed with "life".

SO, what is the latest and greatest news???? Well, on the morning of May 15th I received a phone call that I had anxiously been awaiting for well over a month and a half. I was chosen for, and accepted, a Senior Forecaster position in the Dust Bowl of Texas. Hence the "on the move" title for this blog. Yup, I will be leaving the top 'o Texas here in a couple of months and relocating about two hours south back to anti-Aggieland.

It is bittersweet; this move will be a promotion with additional responsibilities (side note...someone once told me that the only difference between the position I am in now and a Senior Forecaster is that if anything goes really wrong during a shift, the Senior Forecaster is the first one that is given the blame!), I'll be back in an area of dust storms and fall allergies when the cotton is being harvested, and I will be leaving MANY close friends that I have developed over the 5 years I have lived here in the top o' Texas. However, I'll only be two hours away from those aforementioned friends which is more tolerable than 6 hours, there are many old friends I'll be able to reconnect with, I'll hopefully be able to get back into playing guitar for our church worship service, and I hope to finally be able to host the many friends I have who have expressed interest in coming to various events held by the Technological College of Texas.

SO, now comes the fun. Getting the house ready to sell, starting to sort through the assorted "stuff" (not my first word of choice) that I have accumulated, house hunting down south, and trying to figure out what to do with the Jeep while I'm in temporary quarters. The Master Bath project will be resurrected (no, I STILL haven't finished it yet), along with the addition of a couple of other projects; replacement of the backyard fence, replacement of the back door, and other minor projects associated with getting a house ready to appeal to the next person or family wanting to transform it into their home. I will try to keep y'all informed through here as this process takes place but no promises!

Time to get moving...gotta head to Lowe's to order some items for the master bath.

1 comment:

Arch said...

hey man, we hate to see you go but if you need anything just give us a shout. help finding a house or anything in the real estate area we can help in. also, if you need a place to keep your jeep we would be happy to house it for you. just let us know.