4.07.2008

Latest Pictures

I recently realized that I had a tulip appear magically in my front flower bed and decided it would provide a good opportunity to see how my new camera lens works. Well, I also forgot that I took some pictures when I went to the Hill Country for Easter and these downloaded with my latest batch. All I can say is WOW!

This red tulip was taken in the Hill Country. There were almost no wildflowers around this year so a man-made flower had to do.


Program AE, ISO 100, 1/128 sec @ f4.0, 70mm Focal Length
Digital Edit - light sharpening and crop to 1280x1024 pixels in Adobe Photoshop 10

The magic tulip that appeared in my front flower bed. I didn't plant it, I didn't fertilize it, it just magically sprung up!


Program AE, ISO 100, 1/160 sec @ f3.5, 50mm focal length
Digital Editing - light sharpening and crop/resize to 1280x1024 in Adobe Photoshop 10

A second crop of the full size image (which is over 3000 pixels wide and too big for any screen!) to show the details of the inside of the flower bud.


Digital editing - crop of full-size image to 1024x768 pixels, light sharpening
Adobe Photoshop 10
Posted by Picasa
And so, my first impression of the Canon camera lens is that the clarity is incredible, the colors are well reproduced, and the detail that is resolved is excellent. Now all I need is some weather to test this new lens out in harsher conditions...

1 comment:

emily davis said...

nice camera.

where were you sunday?