6.29.2007

Trying to get into the swing of things

Well, we made it back safely from our trip to Colorado (barely). After taking an extra couple of hours at Penrose in the Independence Trail System, we stopped in Pueblo to bootleg pick up some Henry Weinhard's Root Beer (this is the best root beer in the world but isn't available in Tejas), stopped in Raton for a lousy dinner at McD's, and stopped in Clayton for gas. Needless to say, that made for a late 2 AM arrival back in the Panhandle for me.

The hardest part has been trying to get back into the swing of things at work. This ALWAYS happens when I've been on vacation and I don't know why. I love my job and should be looking forward to getting back into forecasting the weather for the Top 'o Texas and Oklahoma. However, I find myself staring at pictures like this:



or like this



and wish that I was Grizzly Adams living off the land and enjoying all that Colorado has to offer. Conversations at work revolve around what antics happened on the trip and trying to impress upon my coworkers that I am not insane for taking up this hobby known as "RockCrawling". It probably also has to do with the fact that I've got to do laundry, unpack all the camping gear, still have to restock groceries, AND somehow find the time to fix everything that was dinged, dented, or is leaking on the Jeep. Throw in a severe weather event on Tuesday coming back with no clue what the atmosphere is doing AND having to cover a shift for sick coworker probably isn't helping matters either.

I shouldn't complain. I'll do it all over again in a heartbeat if I have the opportunity!


No comments: