6.12.2007

Starting Anew

I never really understood this whole "blog" craze at first. There were some friends who used blogs to keep friends updated on travels, family, or life and I have to admit that it is a great way to know the happenings in their lives. Blogs allow me to know the mundane details about what is going on so that the rare opportunities I have to talk with them in person or via phone can be spent in deeper conversation than "Fill me in on how the kiddos are doing...".

So I started a small blog on my annoyancespace page (for which I have been trying to leave and convince others to head to Facebook since it is much more "family friendly"). It was nice to post random thoughts that popped in my head, send out messages to a large group of people whom I did not have an e-mail address for, and also gave me something to do on those boring stretches of getting adjusted to a graveyard shift schedule. Come to find out, I miss being able to post the randomness of thought that can occur in my journey called life. And it definitely is random; how can it not be when you are trying to know Jesus more every day while working in a job I love doing that has a crazy schedule that keeps me from seeing friends and family as much as I do on top of the multitude of hobbies I enjoy...

Thus starts the new adventure of my semi-official blog. I'm not web savvy so I don't run my own blog on a fancy webpage, I use this one because of several friends that have pages on here. As for the title, Der Wetteransager; the literal German translation is "The Weatherman" which my friends have come to call me at times and reflects my family heritage in "Deutch". This will be a random collection of thoughts - life, thoughts on my walk with Jesus, work, and MAYBE even some political thoughts. So let the journey begin...once I get over this stupid cold I've had for a week that is making me want to hack up a lung.

No comments: