11.21.2008

As Usual; Busy

Oh so much going on, so little time it seems. This is another one of those posts that basically is more of a list of all that is going on right now...
  • Had a great trip home for 6 days. I was originally going to stay for 5 days but decided to take an extra day off. The hunting was too good, there were plenty of things to do at home, and as the extra 5 pounds I put on this week indicates, mom's home cooking was mighty good as well.

  • Another item taken care of while home was discussing getting a new vehicle to replace my aging 1997 Ford Exploder Explorer. I bought the Ford used back in 2001 and it is starting to show the wear and tear of the 140,000 miles I have put on it since then. Most of those are road miles, but I'd estimate 5-7,000 miles of that are extreme, hard-driven miles it accumulated stormchasing. Right now it is at the point that any major repairs are probably going to cost about as much, if not more, than the vehicle is worth. Next in line: 2005-2007 Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton Crew Cab 4x4/Z71 short bed with 20-40,000 miles on it. Perhaps a Christmas present to myself if a family friend can find one for me...

  • The last part of the trip was spent taking pictures at sunset on my way home. I'm still proccessing the pictures in Photoshop (resize, copyright notice, sharpening, and removing CCD noise is it) and will hopefully have them on-line soon. These won't be in Picasa; I found out the license agreement for the newest version gives Google the perpetual (as in forrrrrrreeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrr) use of ANY pictures I put on the web through their service. That stinks. I'll try and find a flash gallery soon and finally develop a personal web-space.

  • In news closer to the South Plains; I was informed they captured the burglar mentioned in an earlier post. The detective said he was passing the case off to the District Attorney so we'll see where things go from here.

  • Related to the previous bullet...I have a new weapon for home defense. Be looking for my impressions on my choice soon.

  • I'm prepping for a trip to Norman in December. My unnamed employer is holding a workshop to see where we want to try and take our severe weather warnings in the future. Right now, the format we use (and which you see as the scroll across the bottom of the screen during severe weather) is based on teletype technology from the 1950s. Needless to say, we are well behind the technology curve and need to catch up. Fast.

  • If you didn't notice, a couple of posts were removed. Things with a certain someone didn't work out. Most of y'all already knew that but I thought I'd inform the few that hadn't heard.
So, that's about all from around here. Pretty much the same old stuff. Just wishing it would rain...and lots of it over several days over all of Texas. It is starting to get dry once again.

No comments: